Spirit Stones Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob questions

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Noob questions Empty Noob questions

Post by Mahewa Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:41 pm

So still fairly new (level 23) and trying to figure things out. Answers to any of these question would be very appreciated.

1. In help it says that rare cards have to be max level to evolve. But I've definitely been able to evolve rare cards to rare+ without levelling them at all. Am I missing something?
2. What's the best use of gems?
3. Is there any point to keeping cards that can't be evolved to rare cards?
4. Isn't it a waste to equip or enchant cards you plan to evolve?
5. Does it make sense to enchant with the princess cards? They seem really expensive for what they do.

Please feel free to answer only one or two. I know it's a lot.

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Noob questions Empty Re: Noob questions

Post by DawnWolf Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Hello.

1. You can evolve cards at any level, but if you max them first you will get the carryover stats. Meaning of which a card that you got from evolving two level 1 cards, would (e.x.) have 200 atk, when if you evolve it from two lv 10 cards, it will have 220 atk (+ 20!) (Note: you shouldn't be wasting a lot of gold and cards on enchanting either..for now you should only enchant the pair, before the final form of the card you will be using!) ... Now each card has different carryover stats and better cards have better results, but you should enchant cards you will be using in the future.

2. 5 card gold pack (120 gems!). And when you become an end-game player perhaps using it for HellBoss (not before you have a full team with UR+ cards though! :p ). You should never buy platium packs and equipment packs with gems... Also prefer buying the 10 card gold pack only on discount events (where it costs 200 gems instead of 250!). Try not to get cards every time you collect 25 gems. It doesn't really worth it either.

3. After a while there is no reason to keep even R cards :p. So nope, you should be using those cards as enchanting fodder (to level the useful cards you have!).

4. Yes it is a waste to use good equipment on cards you plan to evolve, though if you will be using those for some time you could at least use the +120 to +320 hp equipments, since they aren't really good anyway. atk equipment is pretty mauch useless for cards in your main partys, and you should only use it on secondary cards, that attack the HellBoss once the combo meter is full. Save anything above +450HP for better and evolved cards!

5. Each princess card gives a different amount of exp. Blessing of princess (the SR one) is definitely worth it (not on N cards.. use only on R or higher) 8 of those cards, are enough to fully enchant till level 10 a SR card (so yeah that's a lot, and would cost more if you were using N cards). Touch of princess (the R with the pink hair) gives less exp than blessing but is also cheaper which also makes it worth. Finally Smile of Princess costs the same as touch, but gives even less exo, making it the only card that doesn't worth using. Overall, sell any smile of princess you find and use the rest if those to enchant.

Hope it wasn't tiring going through all of it :p ... Good luck!
DawnWolf
DawnWolf
High Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:34 pm

Thanks! That's super helpful.

So if I max out an N+++ card that benefits the R card, but not the R+ card? I've found some contradicting information on that. It seems some people think it would benefit R+, but not the SR. It seems like the benefits of leveling the N+++ on the R+ card, if they even do exist, wouldn't really be worth it.

I imagine you use most gold for enchanting? Do you ever buy the 11 card packs for 50,000? Or is there something else to spend gold on?

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnWolf Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:45 pm

Well, if you max out the N+++ it does benefit the R card, and it "should" benefit the R+ card too. The point is that the numbers here are too low (let's say each R card got +12atk from the N+++ cards... when making the R+ only 2.5% of the +12atk will be carried in the next one!), so when rounded it seems as if you didn't enchant the N+++ at all! Actually the SR craftables been only added last month, (so there is not much talk about them in this forum), but if you want to end on those cards, only enchant the R+ cards.

Definitely gold is really needed for enchanting, and I would suggest you to farm gold from stage 1-1-1 in Brikeaz. I do buy the 50k packs sometimes to use for enchanting at this point, but I think you should save your gold for now (and try to make as much as possible). They usually add events, where you can get a good 7* SR card from the 50k gold packs. If you were to get even one of those cards, you wouldn't have to make one of the crdaftables you need saving you even more gold, time and cards to use in another way.
DawnWolf
DawnWolf
High Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I got my sword dancers to level 10 before evolving to +, and if it's a small percentage of that, I imagine it'll only get me around 2 attack and 20 hp when I get another dark magician so I can make Demon Blader.

Why 1-1-1? Does it give more gold?

Thanks again, this is really helping, so if you'll indulge me:

A bunch more random questions:
1. Do you buy cards with your hearts, or do you just tend to use it to refill stamina? There isn't anything else you can do with them, right?
2. Is there any point to going after emblems after getting the 8 reward cards?
3. It seems like the super rare cards you get for things like the emblems or adding friends (Jen, Luna, and Seraz so far) are sort of gimmicky in that their cost is way too high for their stats and they usually can't be evolved. Should I just sell them or use them to enchant or will they actually be useful at some point?
4. On a similar note, I just want to make sure that the auto set feature is crazy, and not me. When I use it for my quest party it'll use one or 2 SR cards and make the rest of the team basically useless, and in battle and hell gate it'll have only 4-5 in the party and stats that are around 70% of what I can do manually. Am I missing something there?
5. Probably way beyond where I am, but where do you get the 6 keys for the SR box? I'm assuming it's probably one of the worst ways to spend gems.

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnWolf Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:31 pm

For making the demon blader you should enchant. Just the previous enchanting won't make much of a difference on the final result. 1-1-1 gives 1500 gold, but it only costs 9 stamina and is the fastest stage you can find! You get more gold from it in less time.

1. I use them both ways, depending if I need to enchant cards, or even get an event card that might be on silver packs.

2.Not really. At this point PvP is a waste of time. You might just want to finish the missions asking you to defeat a number of players, and after that there is no reason to do more PvP (not even the rewards for top 200 worth it!)

3. Jen can be evolved, so keep her to evolve for collection purposes (yeah the cost is too high). Luna is the most common SR card, and usually used as enchanting fodder. Finally Seraz, is one of the few rare cards that give half the exp, than R cards normally do, so after evolving for collection, there is no point keepeing another one (you'll be getting a lot of those cards after a while of playing!)

4. I get the feelling that the auto set tries to use the best cards you have and then fill the gaps based on the remaining stamina. If you have Jen it will add a 30 cost to your overall stamina, not leaving much room for other cards (thus adding low cost cards such as apprentice sorceress or jungle hunter!). Actually you should never use the auto set when making your party. Some advice: The best cards are not based only on their stats... Heal and Create are the skills used the most, so those are first priority when choosing cards for your party!

5.You get the keys in Devil's Castle from wooden and silver chests (the drop is random though, so you might get a key you already have, making it too hard to collect them all!). Also the box is found in silver and gold chests (again in DC). To be honest, for a begginer, it has some decent drops, such as a bunch of wines, 6* and 7* SR cards and even gold tickets. Though the best cards that can be found now are UR cards, (which cannot be found directly from srboxes) so after you have a full SR+ party, it won't worth anymore....

For DC do only the daily free run for now (and even if you can't get till the last floor try it. wooden chests at the first floors might even give you R cards eventually!). Don't waste any DC tickets you might get, until you can do expert mode.
DawnWolf
DawnWolf
High Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:56 pm

What's an event card?

Yeah, I'm not using the auto set, I just wanted to make sure that the fact that I was doing things so differently than it meant I just wasn't getting it.

Maybe I haven't given enough credit to the skills. For my mage I have the following options and had been using the first, thinking it was obviously the right choice.

1. ATK: 162 HP: 2195 SKILL: Execution (5) BATTLE SKILL: None
2. ATK: 136 HP: 1818 SKILL: Create (6) BATTLE SKILL: Knight's Spirit 3
3. ATK: 142 HP: 1905 SKILL: Healing (5) BATTLE SKILL: Full of Vigor 3

So is that a mistake?

Again, thanks so much, you're awesome!

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnWolf Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Well last month they had Saturn and Neptune as event cards. Neptune was a 7* SR card you could get with gold or hearts from silver packs. They might have some event cards again this month, but they currently don't (and for the record, Neptune started with 246atk and 3674hp at lv 1 unevolved, so yeah, event cards are pretty sweet!). If they will have a month card again it should be added with the next maintenance within the next 2-3 days, but we'll see. It's not certain they will have it that soon!

As for the mage, use the healer for now. After you have defeated stage 12 on Brikeaz you will get Phantom of Aegis (7* SR healer mage) with stats 247 atk and 3414hp at lv 10 andyou should be able to replace it. Create is another great skill, but considering that only mages are healers, your mage will be almost always a healer. You can get create for any of the other classes eventually (and there is a thief creator even given for free as a boss card on lysis. It's Queen Bee Miel and you will probably replace your thief with her, even if she's quite expensive. You still have time till you get there though!).

DawnWolf
DawnWolf
High Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by dondave Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:32 pm

the topic name was right for my question aswell, tho i am already lvl 54:

theres something i want to know about the new continent,

is it just me or are there no quests and quest stages after 6th chapter of the lysis continent? cause ive killed the 6th chapter last boss several times now and it wont let me get to 7th chapter of this continent. its all covered in dust and clouds and no new chapter is coming.

dondave

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm

Really?  As soon as I finished chapter 6, Chapter 7: Jungle Island opened right up.  I'm only level 30, so maybe someone more experienced knows what's going on.  You might want to try starting a new thread though, since that would probably get more attention than this one.

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by willish98k Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:27 pm

I just started playing this game and want to know if there is a way to turn a N card into an R card

willish98k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Most can, but it takes a while. You have to combine (in the game it's called evolving) 2 of the same N cards to make an N+ card, then 2 of the same N+ cards to make an N++ card, and then 2 N++ cards to make an N+++ card. So in total you need 8 of the same N card to make an N+++ card. Most N+++ cards can be combined with specific other N+++ cards to make an R card. You can look here to see those combinations: http://www.spiritstones.info/?page=evolution&sortBy=&filterBy=n2r&cpp=all

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by willish98k Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:38 pm

Thank you. How does the Hell Gate ranking work. I competed today and got two separate gifts of gems. 1gem and a 2gem

willish98k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:42 pm

Well there are hell gates and hell gates bosses. You did the hell gate boss. You get ranked on how much damage you do and there's a separate ranking for how many blocks you break. Everyone who enters gets those gem prizes. It would be difficult for how early you seem to be in the game to move into better prizes, which start at being top 50%. So you should always attack them for the prizes everyone gets, but your time is best spent now moving through the quests and doing the battles for emblems until you've gotten all 8 of the cards you get each time you have a full set of emblems.

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by willish98k Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:46 pm

Ok I keep getting the same two emblems over and over again

willish98k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Yeah, you'll only get 3 colored emblems from questing. To get the others you have to do Battle, which you can access from the main screen. You choose the emblem color you want to go after and then attack someone to try to win it from them. Your battle party is different than your quest party, and can have up to 8 cards.

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by willish98k Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Ok any tips

willish98k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:52 pm

On battling? Don't use the auto set button, it sucks, just try to assemble a team with as much hp and atk as possible. Abilities help, but you probably won't have those, except on the rare card you started with. I always tried to attack the person who showed the lowest cost. Also, if you have HP equipment, put it on your best cards. You'll get plenty more. Nobody really uses ATK equipment, but if you have free spaces no harm in putting it there until you get more HP stuff.

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by willish98k Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Ok. I have the starter thief R card you can get right away when you start and a SR if I got from a 11 card pack. R Is level 4 and SR is level 4.

willish98k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:02 pm

So you have Rose, and what's the SR card?

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by willish98k Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:07 pm

I am can't remember what the SR is. I can't check ether due to maintenance. At least I am sure it is a SR it may be a UR. I will post what it is after maintenance is done.

willish98k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahewa Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Try again now.

Mahewa

Back to top Go down

Post by willish98k Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:26 pm

I have two SR's SR Lena level 3 and SR Fiona level 1

willish98k

Back to top Go down

Post by k0l3 Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm new on game but trying to catch up and build an effective deck.
Aiming for Hell Guard, Exorcist, Devil Hunter and Sword Dancer as I read it's a great team.

My question is about enchantment. I real all over that it's a waste of cards/gold to enchant any card below Rare level. I plan to build the strongest set available (SR cards I guess?).
So the best way is to enchant only the Rare Cards?

And how does enchantment works? The color or atributes (like life, attack pts and spell/hability) of the cards I use to strenght the one I'm enchanting have any difference on enchantment's outcome, or the only change is the amount of XP they give?
For instance: if I enchant a yellow card with green cards, or red, or even mixed colored cards it's all the same?

Thanks in advance.

Please add me as friend. I add everyone the game recommends but no one answers. My friend code is: T6044842
k0l3
k0l3

Back to top Go down

Post by DawnWolf Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:30 pm

@ k0l3

Right now there is an event going on, giving away a 7* SR archer card through silver packs. You might want to try getting one of those to avoid the process of making the craftable archer. Even the unevolved form of the event archer would be better!

The strongest cards in the game are UR cards! Among UR the best can only be obtained by ranking really high on the HellBoss. Other UR cards can be found through gold packs, that you either buy or find in HellGates, lower rankings of HellBoss and Devil's Castle.

Enchanting: The colours don't really have an influence on the exp they give. Normally N cards give the least exp but there are exceptions, such as inferior gunner that gives double the exp from other normal cards... A useful link: http://spiritstones.wikia.com/wiki/Enchanting
It will tell you the exact amount of exp and the value of exp... (note: N+++ cards definitely give more exp than N cards, but it doesn't worth evolving a card just to use it as enchanting fodder!)
DawnWolf
DawnWolf
High Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next