Obtaining rare and above cards?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by ivanchee00 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:06 am

Can anyone post a guide on ways to get good rare cards? I know the rares from evolution are pretty moderate even the + ones. SR archers from the emblems and friend codes are the only good ones i got.

ivanchee00
Newbie

Posts : 3
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by DawnWolf on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:38 pm

Ways to get R and SR (even UR) cards without paying:

Silver packs: It might be hard but silver packs (daily free card, heart card, 5k pack and 50k pack) can give you R and SR cards. Buy these only when you have extra gold. Still the chances are too low (got 4 SR cards in 130 of the 50k packs!).

Quests: In Brikeaz after completing the 12th stage and collecting all emblems you take the SR healer mage Aegis as reward.
          In Lysis when beating some of the bosses it might give you a starter R card as reward (Knightly, Maple, Rose or Lynn).

Missions: You can get the SR archers Luna and Jen by completing certain missions (inviting people through their codes and winning all emblems for a certain amount of times respectively)

DC: In DC you can drop 3 different kinds of chests. (there are more drops than cards but right now we are only interested on the card drops)
    Wooden: There is a chance that it might give you a R card (usually not a good one)
    Silver: There is a chance that it might give you a R card (usually not that good), sr box or a gold ticket!
    Gold: There is a chance to get a SR card, the current DC boss, gold ticket or srbox
    srbox: can be otained in silver and gold chests. You need 6 keys (you get them in any chest) to open it, or 30 gems. Among various prizes, it might contain 2 gold tickets or a 7* SR card!
Note: wooden and silver chests also drop N cards! Also gold tickets might give you from R to UR cards!

Envelopes: Battle envelope.. I don't really like battle, and getting high enough to the ranking is hard. That's without mentioning you have the chance to get only two envelopes for each reward (but there is a chance that you won't get the reward card).
                Hell envelope.. Perhaps the best way to get good cards (combining DC). Join a team and try getting envelopes. There is a 50% chance to get the reward card (SR card) and 10% chance to get another SR card.. It might give R cards too!

Hope this was helpful.
avatar
DawnWolf
High Normal

Posts : 178
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by EverDash on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 pm

Basically, you have to pay your way to the end game with cash.
avatar
EverDash
Newbie

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by DawnWolf on Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:41 pm

EverDash wrote:Basically, you have to pay your way to the end game with cash.

Basically, it is not necessary, and even if you pay, there is no guarantee that the results will be good. Getting in a HG team and doing DC (preferably expert mode for gold chests, that give you SR cards!) should be enough if you're patient. Now, if you're in a hurry to make a good team, I guess paying should make things faster.
avatar
DawnWolf
High Normal

Posts : 178
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by EverDash on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:04 am

DawnWolf wrote:Basically, it is not necessary, and even if you pay, there is no guarantee that the results will be good. Getting in a HG team and doing DC (preferably expert mode for gold chests, that give you SR cards!) should be enough if you're patient. Now, if you're in a hurry to make a good team, I guess paying should make things faster.

I have both UR Thief and Warrior cards as well as SR Archer and Mage cards. So not a terrible team. 17k HP. At least 50% of the time, your success in DC or quests is completely dependent on luck - that being, what powerups show up on the board. You could have three skulls dropped on the board and with only single 3-links showing up at a time, with vines jumping every turn, and the enemies on 1-turn and 2-turn attacks. Even if you had 3 URs and 1 SR Archer and you'd still die. The higher up in this game you go, the more luck-based it gets. It's frustrating how much strategy gets removed the further you get; It should be the opposite. Especially since the PVP is pointless to even try and your level doesn't really impact much at all.

Some serious scaling issues need to be resolved in the "end game" of this app. I know too many friends that just stopped playing because it's not fun anymore.
avatar
EverDash
Newbie

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by DawnWolf on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:20 pm

EverDash wrote:

I have both UR Thief and Warrior cards as well as SR Archer and Mage cards. So not a terrible team. 17k HP. At least 50% of the time, your success in DC or quests is completely dependent on luck - that being, what powerups show up on the board. You could have three skulls dropped on the board and with only single 3-links showing up at a time, with vines jumping every turn, and the enemies on 1-turn and 2-turn attacks. Even if you had 3 URs and 1 SR Archer and you'd still die. The higher up in this game you go, the more luck-based it gets. It's frustrating how much strategy gets removed the further you get; It should be the opposite. Especially since the PVP is pointless to even try and your level doesn't really impact much at all.

Some serious scaling issues need to be resolved in the "end game" of this app. I know too many friends that just stopped playing because it's not fun anymore.

I will agree with the fact that the game can be too luck based. I still don't agree that you have to pay. Since it is luck based even if you pay, you might end up with craftable cards from gold packs (if they'd change that, it might worth a shot paying, but now it doesn't).

You should also know that UR or SR cards, don't really matter as much, as the skills (heal and create are must!). Having the SR Mika (creator) would be much better that the UR Victorious Fiona. Your team also seems to lack the HP you need. I use 2 unevolved SR cards in my team and have 19k hp. If you have UR cards how can't you have more HP than I do? Don't you use any hp equips? Even if you can't always make a full run on DC, as long as you can get to floor 10 and above for the first gold chest you should be ok. Since we can drop DC tickets from some boss stages, it is even easier. Even if you lose from a bad board you can try again.

And one not-as-much luck base aspect of the game are Hellgates. If you have a couple of envelopes every two weeks, you just get a free SR+ card. That's something you can do in a slower pace than DC (won't have as much variety), but it's a guarantee.

The pvp section really is pointless, I agree. There is no reason to even bother with it, unless you want a ranking, but you should be an end game player with low cost teams in order to see some difference there + having a lot of wine and heart. Otherwise, one shouldn't even waste his stamina there!

The point here is that most players expect to get all the end-game cards within 2-3 months! Well, if they want something to be easy, they can just play an easier game. SS is not supposed to be easy.

avatar
DawnWolf
High Normal

Posts : 178
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by EverDash on Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:02 pm

DawnWolf wrote:I will agree with the fact that the game can be too luck based. I still don't agree that you have to pay. Since it is luck based even if you pay, you might end up with craftable cards from gold packs (if they'd change that, it might worth a shot paying, but now it doesn't).

True. Perhaps "have to" was too strong of a phrase. It should have been, "to maintain your sanity...". Spending cash - while still random - is still far more rewarding and has a far higher chance at a useful card than doing anything else in the game to an frustrating degree. It's by design. They want quests to be so difficult that you HAVE to get better cards, so it funnels you into other aspects of the game; But then those aspects have such a low rate of payout that you can smash your head against it for weeks and get nothing - or drop $20 and have a damn good chance at an upgrade with guaranteed gear. By late/end-game, it's far too blatant for me.

DawnWolf wrote:IYou should also know that UR or SR cards, don't really matter as much, as the skills (heal and create are must!). Having the SR Mika (creator) would be much better that the UR Victorious Fiona. Your team also seems to lack the HP you need. I use 2 unevolved SR cards in my team and have 19k hp. If you have UR cards how can't you have more HP than I do? Don't you use any hp equips?

lol Well, believe me, it's not on purpose. For the record, here's my current team.



UR: Masked Leona - Thief (ATK: 332, HP: 4860)
UR: Victorious Fiona - Warrior (ATK: 326, HP: 4918)
SR: Phantom of Aegis - Mage (ATK: 267, HP: 3414)
SR: Elaine - Archer (ATK: 255, HP: 4228)


The URs are self-explanatory (nice ATK and HP), and I use the Aegis for the healing. And Elaine, well... even though her skill is highly situational (removes half the vines on a board) that's the best Archer I can find (why's it so hard to find a good one?). The only other "Create" card I have is Halloween Paris (Thief), but it's a statistical downgrade in every way to Masked Leona, who also creates anyway.

I have a few +500 HP equips across the team, but I haven't been too sure about destroying my +10 ATK gear for the +350 HPs I have left. Should I just be stacking HP and ignoring attack gear altogether? (By the way, if so, then that also highlights a big flaw in the game design. You're constantly rewarded with attack gear, class-specific equipment, etc. If the only way to make it though is by stacking HP and ignoring 90% of the stuff they give you, that's a huge sign at tuning issues).


DawnWolf wrote:Even if you can't always make a full run on DC, as long as you can get to floor 10 and above for the first gold chest you should be ok. Since we can drop DC tickets from some boss stages, it is even easier. Even if you lose from a bad board you can try again.

That's another thing that bugs me: I have 3 Superboxes needing to be opened. But I need one key of each color to open it; Orange, to be exact. How do I get it? Randomly. Worse, I can "win" keys of a color I already have. Even worse yet, those duplicate are useless, since you can only hold one key of a certain color at a time. Even WORSE STILL, those Superboxes? They get deleted every Monday.

So to recap:

Chance at getting a reward: 1/10
Chance at getting a key to drop: 1/20 (being generous here)
Chance at getting that key of a specific color to drop: 1/6

So you have a 16% chance at getting something from a 5% chance to drop from a 10% chance to appear.

...or pay cash for 30 gems. I mean c'mon. Hell, I wouldn't even mind this if they allowed you to at least stack duplicate keys, but they don't. It's sickening and blatant.

DawnWolf wrote:And one not-as-much luck base aspect of the game are Hellgates. If you have a couple of envelopes every two weeks, you just get a free SR+ card. That's something you can do in a slower pace than DC (won't have as much variety), but it's a guarantee.

This is true. I still haven't quite grasped the whole Hellgate concept. I know you or your friends encounter random monsters and you kill them is order of sequential levels, but... I don't know exactly how they appear or how to synchronize "group attacks" with friends. I basically just wait until I see a high level monster (17+) and burn my Wines till I kill it for the #1 damage rank. I'm pretty sure this isn't an optimal strategy. lol

DawnWolf wrote:The pvp section really is pointless, I agree. There is no reason to even bother with it, unless you want a ranking, but you should be an end game player with low cost teams in order to see some difference there + having a lot of wine and heart. Otherwise, one shouldn't even waste his stamina there!

Right?! The reward one week was Bellien the Archer (desperately need a better Archer card), so I looked at the top rankings, and I thought, "What the heck to these people do, buy 2000 wines with cash and just spam battles against lower level players 10 RP a time for a week straight?" Just crazy.

DawnWolf wrote:The point here is that most players expect to get all the end-game cards within 2-3 months!  Well, if they want something to be easy, they can just play an easier game. SS is not supposed to be easy.

See, I could get onboard with this philosophy if not for the prevous 95% of the game. You can beat the first 12 levels within a couple weeks. You gain levels and cards at a fairly fast pace. Every day was a new upgrade. It was exciting. And evolving actually mattered. But as soon as you hit the new continent, there's an adamantium Wall of China. After progressing through 10-15 levels a day, suddenly out of nowhere it takes weeks just to clear a single area. And every level comes down to luck of the board. I can't remember the last time I used that slot machine after killing a boss. It forces you to try the other modes of the game, which are even more luck-based and time consuming. And it does this suddenly and without any warning. It reeks of insecurity from the game designers. They don't think their game would be compeling enough to come back to if you completed the quest, so they eject you into other modes in a cruel manner. The game gets too hard too quickly with too few options to attempt and too infrequent of properly scaled rewards.

And unless you take a step back and submit to the thinking of, "Well, I went from 1-95 in a few weeks, and spending a year going 96-100 is okay with me", then you can either spend cash or uninstall the game. And once you realize that, the choice becomes easy.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that's not what the developers want.

The only reason I still play is because about a dozen of my friends dropped the game for this very reason and I'm a stubborn son of a bitch.   cheers
avatar
EverDash
Newbie

Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by DawnWolf on Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Well, considering the other two cards you have, I should tell you that you've been really lucky with the UR cards (though you did payed, right?I know ppl gave 1400 gems to get two UR) ..

If you've only been doing quests it's not strange that you find the new continent that hard! I'm repeating myself here, but try getting in a HG group. Usually players form groups, and use different ways to coordinate, such as facebook, various forums, or apps like whatsupp and hangouts. (Depends on the group). It's a fun way to play the game, since you're also talking with other members, but it takes time. Within a month you should get the least 2 SR+ of different classes, but the end game cards aren't that many anyway.  

As you'll be doing DC and HG you should be finding many +10atk weapons so don't worry using those. The good atk equips are the +18 and +20 you get from sr boxes... so the +10 is pretty much junk after a while. And HP counts the most to begin with. The only equips that worth saving are the +700HP hero's rings and the +18 +20 atk weapons.

The game got harder when they released the new cards (and they will be releasing more cards). So since the new cards were stronger, the new continent should have higher standards. It will be getting harder when they release the rest of  the new continent, but everyone should also be getting stronger by then.


Edit: About the sr boxes.. well they are designed for profit anyway. Sr boxes aren't the only thing you drop from DC, and to be honest the ratio of dropping them was increased only for the last week because of an event. After that, gold boxes, would give you more nice things, such as gems, SR card (5* to 6*) gold tickets, some average things such as wines (that if you're in a HG team will be extremely useful) and some not nice things such as gold :p . see sr boxes as bonus. (Though the keys are an issue, and there have been too many complaints about it!)

Edit2: Gems don't have to be purchased. You can drop them in DC. wooden chests:1 gem
silver chests: 2 gems
golden chests: 5 gems
Have collected a decent amount so far.. used those for sr boxes and got leona and tristin this week :p
avatar
DawnWolf
High Normal

Posts : 178
Join date : 2013-12-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining rare and above cards?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum